For Halloween I wanted to try a pumpkin muffin.
Now, muffins are something of a hit and miss at my house.
None of the five of us like the same kind so usually the chickens end up
with a few.
Not with this recipe!
Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
Easy pumpkin muffins that are sure to be a hit!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or Apple Pie Spice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil we like sunflower oil
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners (or grease well.)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin and the rest of the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fill muffin tins with batter (I use a small ladle to fill.)
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Bake until puffy and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of the muffin, which is about 25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool in pan until you can touch, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.