- Roll out pie crust and place in pie tin.
- With mixer beat butter and cream cheese til softened.
- Add sugar to mixing bowl and beat til incorporated.
- Add eggs, flour, and vanilla.
- In pie crust place sliced and peeled peaches in rows. I like to take one peach and spread it out on one 1/8 section of the pie and keep going until I get a nice look.
- Slowly pour mixture over peaches in pie crust to fill crust.
- Bake at 375 or 400 until set and crust is a nice golden brown. Should not be “jiggly” when cooked.
- Cool and serve!
We have been enjoying summer’s bounty in the form of beautiful peaches from Clarksville.
We picked quite a bit week before last, then mom brought me some more this weekend. YUM!
Nothing is better than fruit off the tree. I still can’t eat bananas or peaches from the store. Not the same! I made my sweet mom-in-law’s peach pie recipe twice with them. Once for us (sorry to say we ate it before I took a picture) and once for the awesome staff at school (still, no picture.) It is a super easy pie and so tasty! Normally I make jam, but since I still have some from 2 yrs ago that I probably should throw out I’m thinking “Hey, my family doesn’t really eat jam.” Maybe I’ll can a jar or two.
Peach Custard Pie
2 cups of sliced or chopped peaches (peeled of course!)
1 cup sugar (I use raw sugar)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of flour
2 Tablespoons of butter
vanilla or almond extract (to your liking)
Fill an unbaked pie crust with peaches. *I use the two cups, then add more to fill up the crust after the rest has been added.
Mix sugar, flour, beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla and mix ’til it looks nice and yellow. I like to add a little cinnamon too.
Pour in crust over peaches and add more peaches if you want to!
Bake until done!
I made Peach Ice Cream last night and it is delicious.
I sort of made it up from about 3 recipes. Think this is what I ended up with:
Peach Ice Cream
1 pt of cream
6 cups of milk
3 cups of sugar (I didn’t have 3 so it was like 2 1/2 of raw sugar)
I put the peach slices I’d cut up earlier in the blender. Think I had about 6 cups, maybe less. Mix til smooth (less if you like chunky.)
Add eggs and sugar and blend
In large pan heat heat rest of ingredients over med. low heat until warm.
Add peach/egg mixture to this and mix.
Cook til fairly warm.
Put in ice cream maker and mix according to directions. (Mine is small and didn’t make all this. I need to make it MUCH smaller next time, but guess we will have some tonight too!)