OK, I’m so copying from my friend Alison’s blog, because I honestly can’t come up with anything today!
A fantastic contest from TodaysMama for these awesome prizes…
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
A new sewing machine.
- A clean house (although this will probably NOT happen)
- A trip to anywhere is always good.
- Another trip to anywhere is even better.
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My mom always made me the coolest gifts. I especially love the doll clothes and quilts she made when I was little. I still have them and Emily plays with them too.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I have always wanted to conquer a beautiful handknitted afghan like this one on Etsy. I haven’t made it there yet, but there is still time!
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
My sweet pussycat doll that my Grandma Shirley and Popie Ken gave me. I cut all her hair off and Grandma promised me another if I got rid of her. She did give me another doll (but sorry Grandma I did keep the old one and still have her!) I love that poor, bald dolly.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
What ISN’T on their lists? Honestly not sure what the oldest wants, but the little two want everything. Middle really wants an iPod and youngest a (get this) steel drum set. (Hey, at least he likes reggae.)
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Wow, that is hard. Probably have to go with pie though, or fresh rolls, olives, or stuffing…
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Ummmmm….. Maybe my cards and the food we eat? (Not much time in the day anymore.)
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
Have to say probably “It’s a Wonderful Life” or maybe “Holiday Inn”
9. Favorite holiday song?
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Cooking with and for my family! Also going to cut down our own Christmas tree is a holiday event I love.
So long ago now!