I am not making resolutions but…
I do feel the need to make a new beginning in 2012.
What is it about the New Year that makes us feel the urge to change?
A few changes around here:
- I have four “new” chickens we inherited from a friend. They lay the biggest eggs!
(They’re picking on my sweet chicken so not sure I like them yet.
Mom is going to take a few once she has a coop to put them in, so I
think I’ll give her “Meany” or “Big Red” as the kids call her. Then
maybe my old girl will come out from under the deck.) You learn what “pecking order” means when you have chickens!
|“Big Red”, “Spotty” and “Special” begging|
|The Girls Pecking (Pillow is under the deck of course)|
- I’ve only gotten one parking ticket this year! (Oh, it’s only been 13 days?) Well, I’m making a pact to get a roll of quarters today so I’ll maybe avoid another (before February anyway.)
- I want to lose the baby weight. It’s only been 2 months so I’m not pushing it, but watching what I eat- doing “Lose It” again (iPhone app) and have lost one pound already. Yesterday I used practically half of my calories eating a bowl of oatmeal- did you know there are 500 calories in a cup of Scottish Steel Cut Oats? Yikes. Gave the chickens the leftover Christmas cookies to get them out of my reach. Need to go back to yoga.
- After getting the estimate to add on to this house I’ve decided to
purge. In this market I
don’t know if it’s worth adding up, and we can’t find anything we like that isn’t a fixer-upper or crazy expensive. I started on my desk area yesterday and
ended up making a much bigger mess but I figure it’s a start. If I can do one drawer or shelf each day it shouldn’t be too bad…
|Desk (Mid way done)|
|Yikes! All this fit on the bookshelf?|
- Going to attempt stick to a budget and menu AND use my coupons. (We’ll see how long that lasts.)
- Want to start something creative this year
What plans do you have for 2012?
Happy Friday the 13th!